[ale] Mint login question

Asher Vilensky ashervilensky at gmail.com
Tue Nov 17 09:42:26 EST 2009

Yes, I suspect X too.  But I can't find it.  When I 'su' to another user, it
dumps me in the right $HOME directory.  When I further 'su -' back to root
it also dumps me at $HOME.  It's only when I open a terminal window that it
puts me at $HOME/Desktop.  It behaves the same for all users, so it's some
global setting, that strangely overrides personal *bash* files.

-- Asher