[ale] help me convert a non-believer

scott scott at sboss.net
Fri Nov 13 13:45:43 EST 2009

that is a great idea..

sometimes the wireless drivers arent there in linux so you have to run
a NDIS(?) driver from windows on top of the NDIS stack in the system.
Isnt the cleanest or best way but works for cards that there is no
lnux driver for.

http://linuxwireless.org/en/users/Devices  is a starting point

if the laptop is a Dell, Dell has help on their website to run linux
on their systems. (http://linux.dell.com).  IBM (aka Levno now) and HP
should have similar info I just dont know where it is.

god luck