[ale] URGENT! Need HELP to Salvage GPG PGP Key Signing for Nov.19th!

aaron aaron at pd.org
Thu Nov 12 11:06:57 EST 2009

Thanks for the offer, Jeremy!

The physical part of hosting the key signing party is straight
forward enough that I think I can step up to handle that -- basically
just organizing the steps of confirming fingerprints and ID from
the distributed list of submitted pre-registrations. I'd also be happy
to handle compiling that check list with everyone's User ID,
Key Type, Key Size, and Hex Fingerprint from the required
pre-registration emails.

I'm not, however, up to speed on arranging a key server or setting
up a key ring (as you suggested), so that is where we're seeking
some help.  I'll include your offer in the options and be in touch
off list.

( ... and answering Greg Freemyer's question ... )
While we can't replace Michael's expertise on the PGP cryptography
topic, I'm also hoping someone generally knowledgeable about GPG will
offer to present a brief introduction.  If that person also wants to
conduct the ID and Key confirmation process as well, even better!

Again, thanks for the option Jeremy! I've added you to the Off List
CC loop on the thread. A couple of other folks have already responded
off list, so I'm pretty sure we can work things out.

In the meanwhile, let's all keep Michael Warfield in our thoughts with
wishes for a swift and painless recovery!

peace
aaron