[ale] [ANNC] ALE Pecha Kucha Contest & Solstice Celebration - DECEMBER 17th

Aaron Ruscetta arxaaron at gmail.com
Tue Nov 10 17:35:02 EST 2009

This is an advance invitation for all interested parties to
prepare an impressive entry for our December 17th, 2009
ALE Central Meeting, where we will be holding our 2nd
Annual (informal) Pecha Kucha Contest and Solstice
Celebration!

Pecha Kucha, for the uninitiated Linux presentation Ninja,
is a Japanese term for "chit chat" that was adopted in 2003
to refer to short presentations designed under the constraints
of using just 20 slides that are shown for just 20 seconds
each, thus producing a concise presentation that is only 6
minutes and 40 seconds in length.
(ref:  <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pecha_Kucha> or
<http://www.pecha-kucha.org/> )

The rules for our informal ALE version of Pecha Kucha are
a little less stringent, but still very demanding.  Quoting from
last years announcement post to the ALE.org site:
<http://mail.ale.org/index.php?s=pecha+kucha>
=====
The OSS Pecha Kucha Contest:
-- As topical entertainment for the evening everyone is invited
participate in our Geek version of a Karaoke contest and provide
a (modified) Pecha Kucha style presentation on a Linux or Open
Source related topic. Presenters will be allotted 10 minutes at
the microphone and [up to] 20 computer slides [and/or video
media clips]  to fully enlighten the audience with every single
item of information there is to know about their Open Source
related topic. After all the Pecha Kucha performers are done,
the audience will select their favorite...
=====

Nominations for, and contributions of, appropriate prize(s) for
the winner(s) are welcome -- last year I donated a copy of the
Linux Command Line and Bash Shell Programming Bible to
the cause.

The more presenters and participants the merrier!  So pull
that Open Office program out of its sheath and show us
your most IMPRESSive Ninja presentation skills!

Please RSVP to arxAaron at gmail.com if you are interested
in offering an OSS Pecha Kucha entry at our December 17th
ALE meeting and I will keep the list appraised of the various
topics to avoid duplications.

peace
Aaron Ruscetta
ALE Event Coordinator (etc.)