[ale] Fwd: periodic fsck was Re: [patch] ext2/3: document conditions when reliable operation is possible

Ed Cashin ecashin at noserose.net
Tue Nov 10 10:01:52 EST 2009

On Tue, Nov 10, 2009 at 8:46 AM, Greg Freemyer <greg.freemyer at gmail.com> wrote:
> No.  Part of the lvm snapshot process is to tell the filesystem clean
> up the journal etc.  It should be fully applied and empty at the time
> of the snapshot.

OK.  I didn't know that.  Thanks.

..
> Ted Tso would know far more that you or I, so if he recommends it I
> suspect it is a good plan.

Hehe.  I wasn't trying to imply that I know more than Ted Tso about this
stuff!  I was just looking for a link to his recommendations so that I could
understand them.  Thanks for providing those links.

--
  Ed Cashin <ecashin at noserose.net>
  http://noserose.net/e/