[ale] Get rid of that hardware that not even anoter ALE'er will take

Jim Kinney jim.kinney at gmail.com
Mon Nov 2 21:24:27 EST 2009

On Mon, Nov 2, 2009 at 9:00 PM, Brian MacLeod <nym.bnm at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Nov 2, 2009 at 6:34 PM, Jeff Hubbs <jhubbslist at att.net> wrote:
>>
>> I really need to join in...time to get out of the i586 business for good!
>>

> I just got rid of my Sun Ultra 1 and Powerbook G3 (Wallstreet).  Been
> rescuing too many old computers, I can get a lot more performance and power
> efficiency for my money.

I keep looking at the stack of systems I have to put in and thinking
"I can get all this and more horsepower and half the electrical power
and 1/4 the cooling if I just go BUY and pair of new, decent mobo's
and start from scratch.". The I hit that 'spend money' part and the
budget keeper reminds me I already _have_ 20+ computers and why do I
need another one....

> bnm

James P. Kinney III