[ale] Upgrading to 9.10 hosed my system

Jim Popovitch jimpop at gmail.com
Mon Nov 2 20:43:08 EST 2009

On Mon, Nov 2, 2009 at 13:45, Michael B. Trausch <mbt at zest.trausch.us> wrote:

> Personally, I think this release should have been delayed for a couple
> of weeks to have an extended bug fixing period with some extreme focus
> on polishing before the release.  That's just my 2¢ though.

Myself and others lobbied HARD for that on the #ubuntu+1 chan before
release... but were consistently told that Ubuntu ships by a schedule
and with not much concern for stability or fixing bugs.   I was
totally annoyed by that, having met several of the Ubuntu developers
this past summer I honestly thought they were in it for perfection...
but I guess not.   The Ubuntu attitude seems to be everything is an
upstream bug that they have no control over, or, it's a bug that
doesn't affect 100% of the user base.     Couple that with all the new
crap that is great for people who want a Windows desktop, or a
Multiuser workstation, etc., and you basically have a distro that is
no longer focused on just being a good single-user optimized
laptop/netbook distro.  Thus my previous post about looking for a new
distro to luv.

-Jim P.