[ale] recommended webcam ?

Preston Boyington preston.lists at gmail.com
Tue May 26 16:51:23 EDT 2009

Paul Cartwright wrote:
> On Tue May 26 2009, Courtney Thomas wrote:
>> Also some sort of VOIP with video would be nice if the cost is minimal.
>> I've never done this so don't know how to proceed yet.
>>
> I've used Skype with windows & debian.. we use it to see ( and hear) our grand
> baby at my sons house in Newnan. We are in Athens, so we don't get there near
> enough!
> my wife has a bult-in web cam in her Dell Inspiron laptop.

Oh, if you decide to use Skype be aware that only 2 can use video.  if
you have more than 2 people then only audio is available.

i routinely have friends in Australia, Texas, Georgia, and Kentucky, all
Skyping in for our weekly "game night".  call quality is very good and
rarely do we have issues with lagging/clipping.

http://www.arrantdrivel.com/

Where the road takes me - a highwayman's perspective
http://www.prestonboyington.com/