[ale] Cinelerra

Andrew Grieser agrieser at gmail.com
Mon May 18 17:57:00 EDT 2009

Hey all,

I'm looking to get Cinelerra up and running to do some video editing, and was wondering if anyone had recommendations for distributions to do this on.

I do most of my multimedia work (gimp & inkscape) in Ubuntu, so I figured I would just install it there. However, it isn't in the repos. I added a third party repository and got it installed, but it gives errors when trying to import video clips. I'm pretty sure this is a bug, because it has the required libraries to read the files.

As a side note, I tried kdenlive on Ubuntu, and was able to import the video, but the program seems to be in early beta based on the number of bugs I ran into.

So I'd like to get a working version Cinelerra installed, and am willing to install an entire OS to get a working version with proper libraries, codecs, etc installed. Does anyone have recommendations on this? If not, is there another video editor I should be using?

Andrew

--
OpenPGP Key ID: 6D2B8CE2 (agrieser at gmail.com)