[ale] sloppy coding in breath tester

David A. De Graaf dad at datix.us
Sat May 16 12:38:03 EDT 2009

On Fri, May 15, 2009 at 03:48:24PM -0400, Geoffrey wrote:
> justin caratzas wrote:
> > vi vs. emacs, or the like.....
> >
> > emacs is better
>
> vi rules.
>
> Okay, now you've done it..

There's more than just a flame war.

We're now about to lose the CTL-ALT-BS key for exiting X in the
forthcoming Fedora 11.  Why, you may ask?

One reason offered is that sloppy typing combined with a poor emacs
user interface can cause accidental termination of the X server.
What ever happened to the concept that *nix users know what they're
doing and get exactly what they ask for?

I, for one, greatly resent and deplore the removal of this essential
key stroke.

There's a workaround - just one more to add to the long list to make
a new Fedora system work "properly".

--
	David A. De Graaf    DATIX, Inc.    Hendersonville, NC
	dad at datix.us         www.datix.us