[ale] MythTV questions

H P Ladds householdwords at gmail.com
Fri May 15 12:35:51 EDT 2009

Hey Preston (and those interested in MythTV).

Though I have been silent about the upcoming MythTV InstallFest, one
is still definitely in the works. I'll update the post "MythTV
Installfest (was Re: [OT] DTV reception)" with the latest info.

On Mon, May 11, 2009 at 4:13 PM, Preston Boyington
<preston.lists at gmail.com> wrote:
>... I remember seeing someone mention an Arch linux
> setup. I have used Arch on a few things in the last couple months and
> really liked the results.

Interestingly R6 of Knoppmyth is based on Arch -- not Knoppix and will
be called LinHES going forward. Word from the LinHES camp is that R6
is stable.  R6 is not yet as fully featured as previous releases and
therefore is technically an "Alpha" release.

Thanks,
H. Preston