[ale] suggestions wanted for old router

Preston Boyington preston.lists at gmail.com
Mon May 11 12:53:08 EDT 2009

I've an old Linksys wireless B router that is currently just collecting
dust on my shelf.  I've been thinking about loading Tomato or OpenWRT on
it to play with (I'm ignorant about both).

What are you guys running on your routers and why?  For what little I do
(SSH mainly, some VNC) the factory firmware does alright, but I would
like to see the bandwidth usage from different machines and maybe have a
portion of my bandwidth available (probably just http & https) for some
of the kids nearby.

I guess I'm just looking for an idea to tinker around with.

Preston

http://www.arrantdrivel.com/

Where the road takes me - a highwayman's perspective
http://www.prestonboyington.com/