[ale] Bad Key ID, Trying to Update Fedora 11 Beta

Marc Ferguson marcferguson at gmail.com
Fri May 8 10:32:00 EDT 2009

On Fri, May 8, 2009 at 9:47 AM, Jim Kinney <jim.kinney at gmail.com> wrote:

> You can exclude that package from the update. The repo copy is corrupt
> or the download is bad.
>
> Or find that file in /var/cache/yum/  and remove it. and try again.
>
> If it still fails, excluded it and try again. Occasionally a pile of
> stuff must be excluded to resolve dependencies.
>
> On Thu, May 7, 2009 at 11:57 PM, Marc Ferguson <marcferguson at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>  > Hi Folks,
> >
> > I'm having a problem updating my beta copy of Fedora 11. I've got about
> 500+
> > packages ready to be updated, but I'm running into an error.  Can someone
> > help me figure this out?  Thanks.
> >
> > I did a YUM UPDATE and this was my result after a long list of items:
> >

> > Transaction Summary
> >
> ===================================================================================================
> > Install     16 Package(s)
> > Update     512 Package(s)
> > Remove       0 Package(s)
> >
> > Total size: 759 M
> > Is this ok [y/N]: y
> > Downloading Packages:
> > error: rpmts_HdrFromFdno: Header V3 RSA/SHA256 signature: BAD, key ID
> > d22e77f2
> >

> > Problem opening package m17n-db-tamil-1.5.4-2.fc11.noarch.rpm
> >

> > --
> > Marc F.
> >
> > www.fergytech.com
> > Registered Linux User: #410978
> >
> > "When life gives me lemons... I make Linuxaide, hmm good stuff!"

> James P. Kinney III
> Actively in pursuit of Life, Liberty and Happiness

 Thanks for replying. I think I posted too early, I hate when I do that.  I
did some poking around and I notice that folks were first updating the "rpm"
package and THEN updating everything else.  Well; I tried it and to my
surprise, my RPM package needed updating.  After that I did a "yum update"
and download/installed everything, all 1039 packages.

Right after I finished installing I got a kernel error. So; I reboot the
machine and now it seems that my xserver is dead.  My screen will flicker
after the initial load of Fedora and then it'll just stay black! This is too
much to deal with. :D I'm going back to Fedora 10.  I keep saying it, but
THIS time, I mean it!