[ale] [OT] SSN use, was: restricting web input

Wed May 6 16:08:05 EDT 2009

On Wed, May 6, 2009 at 3:54 PM, Jeff Lightner <jlightner at water.com> wrote:
> That doesn't help if they're stealing it for criminal activity - you're still apt to get arrested for what they did.
>
> Heck just last week they released a guy from jail.  He'd been arrested because he had the same first and last names of the perp and whoever had entered the warrant got the birth year wrong by about 20 years.  Nobody believed him when he said the warrant wasn't for him so he spent a fair amount of time in jail for no reason until it got straightened out.

Been there, had that done to me.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/richardbronosky/2423474824/ Luckily my
father-in-law is in law enforcement, so I was able to convince them to
"Call..." It would have gotten really ugly otherwise.

--
.!# RichardBronosky #!.