[ale] OT: cell phone OSes

Chris Fowler cfowler at outpostsentinel.com
Tue May 5 19:36:00 EDT 2009

The "killer app" for the iPhone is the app store.  That is what makes
the iPhone great.

I don't really care about the OS on my phone.  What I want are
capabilities.  I bought a Treo with Windows Mobile so I could run
software.   Finding software was a real pain.  First there was this
issue of screen size.  The Treo was smaller than a Windows PDA.  Some
apps had a problem with this.  Second, finding these apps took hours of
searching on the Internet.  I gave up and sold the phone to a friend.
I've not replaced it but when/if I do I will be buying an iPhone.

I know that any app I get from the app store will be compatible!