[ale] restricting web input

Geoffrey lists at serioustechnology.com
Tue May 5 15:28:14 EDT 2009

James Sumners wrote:
> Not really. You could try to prevent a couple things with Javascript,
> but they can all be circumvented.
> 1) You could disable ctrl/cmd+c. This could be circumvented via the
> context menu or the edit menu.
> 2) You could disable the context menu, but most people will hate you
> for that. Plus, most decent browsers include an option to prevent
> Javascript from disabling the context menu.

Yeah, those were the only hacks I could come up with too.  Basically,
they want them to enter their email address twice to make sure it's not
a typo.  Thing is, how do you know the verification one isn't the typo.
  I always cut/paste my email address in such scenarios. ;)

> Also, I normally don't even copy and paste. I just let Apple's
> Keychain automatically fill in the form for me :)

:)

--
Until later, Geoffrey

  - Benjamin Franklin