[ale] OT: who's bought/seen Caprica?

Mike Harrison meuon at geeklabs.com
Mon May 4 16:48:57 EDT 2009

On Mon, 4 May 2009, Sean C. McCord wrote:

> On Sun, May 03, 2009 at 04:41:08PM -0400, Kenneth Ratliff wrote:
>>> Oooo, a 4x speed increase, my BBS is gonna rip!
>>
>> If you tell me you were a Wildcat! op, I'm going to hurt you.
>
> Here's to OPUS, the Slackware of BBS packages!

I ran Colossus, then QBBS then TBBS..
and in 1993 my partner Dan Lyke wrote an HTML
reader in xBase code for the TBBS system..
we were getting HTML files via Planet Connect
satellite downloads and processing mail via UUCP
via HoloNet using PIMP (Personal Internet Mail Processor)
for TBBS.

We upgraded to Linux in 1994, with a $3k per month 128k
leased line, and ASN-3901 aka Arrakis aka Chattanooga.net was born.

Dang I feel old.. but proud. :)