[ale] Disney takes ownership stake in Hulu

Sean drifter at oppositelock.org
Mon May 4 11:02:43 EDT 2009

Back before the 8-10' dish antennae first appeared we lived in what the
TV broadcasters refer to as "deep fringe" -- more than 90 miles from the
nearest transmitting tower. We put the largest (14 feet long as I remember)
antenna we could find on the roof, with a rotor and an "exterior" amp
designed to fit in a compartment of the antenna.  You want to put the
amp as close to the antenna as possible to avoid amplifying the noise.
All of our components were from Radio Shack. Of course, once the BIG
dishes hit the market, we went to the satellites and never looked back.
I suspect that Radio Shack still offers signal amps for just this purpose.
The one we had worked well and was well worth the money.

Sean