[ale] OT: who's bought/seen Caprica?

Jeff Lightner jlightner at water.com
Mon May 4 08:41:55 EDT 2009

I'm sure I still have a copy of DOS 3 and Lotus 123 v2 on floppy (maybe
even DOS 2 and Lotus 123 v1A but I won't swear to those).

DSDD floppies - what was really fun about those was you had to format
them first until someone got the idea of selling preformatted floppies.
I'd back up a 10 MB hard drive (we had the money for it at that job) to
DSDDs and spent almost as much time formatting floppies as I did backing
up to them afterwards.

My Egyptian headdress helmet was indeed a reference to the original
Larson production of BG (BSG).  It must have had some redeeming
qualities if they took the name for the current series.

BG 1980 truly sucked - basically just two dudes on motorcycles riding
around America - sort of like star wars meets easy rider without any of
the joy of either of those.  On the plus side they still used the
Egyptian headdress helmets - I always imagined them showing up in a
biker bar with those on...

I can't believe someone prefers the new Starbuck to Face from the
A-Team. :)