[ale] OT: who's bought/seen Caprica?

Robert Reese~ ale at sixit.com
Sat May 2 21:58:30 EDT 2009

> Nah, that's Battlestar Galactica.
>
> We'll overlook this incident, but another one and your Nerd
> Credentials go before the board for review!

In my defense, Battlestar Galactica should be BG, not BSG.  Furthermore, while I
do have a copy of the mini-series preceding the series on DVD, I have never
bothered watching it.  I figured one day when I was bored I might check it out.

OTOH, I might not.  I stopped watching Battlestar Galactica when I was betrayed
by Battlestar Galactica: 1980 after faithfully watching each and every episode
of the original without missing a single one.  I had all the action figures, the
weapons and even a uniform.  Plus, who didn't have a ship the size of a Buick
back then for Christmas?  Besides, no one could ever replace Lorne Green as
Commander Adama (and WTF... Starbuck is now a *woman*???)  For the record, I am
one of the few people that witnessed the Battlestar Galactica attraction at the
original Universal Studios... our group went the day before the official opening
of the attraction.

My Nerd Credentials in question?  Not a chance!  ;c)  Just too many damn
acronyms running around without supporting reference.

Cheers,
R~