[ale] OS X and Linux WakeOnLan

Robert Karaffa rkaraff at emory.edu
Mon Mar 30 17:27:18 EDT 2009

hi folks,
	I'm using WakeOnLan v0.89 on my MacBookPro to wakeup a couple of
Linux boxes.  However, WakeOnLan doesn't issue sleep or shutdown
commands to Linux boxen;  only Mac OS X.

I'm looking for a solution to issue a shutdown command from OS X to a
Linux box.  I'm not sure if a "do shell script" Applescript is the
right approach, using ssh as the "issuer" of the shutdown command
(i.e., logging-in to the Linux box via ssh, and issuing "shutdown -h
now", all done in an AppleScript.

If anyone has any comments or suggestions, please toss them my way.

-Thanks!!

-Bob K.

--
Robert E. Karaffa, II

If your research project was supported in part by  the Emory School of
Medicine Flow Cytometry Core Facility, we ask that you acknowledge the
Core in your publications, abstracts, presentations, posters, grant
proposals, etc. using variations of the following text:

"This research project was supported in part by the Flow Cytometry
Core Facility of the Emory University School of Medicine."