[ale] OT: Sprint bringing WiMax to Arlanta this year

Jeff Lightner jlightner at water.com
Fri Mar 27 10:54:46 EDT 2009

But bulldozers might be not to mention careless semi drivers.

Back in 1998 I went to India to setup systems for "local wireless loop".
The idea being you'd have a "cell" phone in your home that was tied to a
specific tower and use that as your regular home phone.   This way you
didn't have to wait the month the (Government) phone company usually
took to give you service in your home.

It was quite common on the streets of India to see people you wouldn't
think could afford a cell phone (based on prices in America at the time)
using them.