[ale] Comcast Business Class experiences?

Michael B. Trausch mike at trausch.us
Wed Mar 25 17:36:00 EDT 2009

On Wed, 25 Mar 2009 17:13:59 -0400
Greg Freemyer <greg.freemyer at gmail.com> wrote:

> Be sure and find out the install cost.  I'm in an office park and we
> thought about Comcast.
>
> Turned out the closest fiber was a little ways away from us.  (In the
> park, but not on the street in front of our building).  For only $6K
> they would have been happy to run us a drop.  Guess who's not using
> Comcast.

Wow.  That's comparable to a dedicated T-line, isn't it?

That's really not fair either, since others would potentially benefit
from it.  That said, if *every* office went in on it, it probably
wouldn't be horrible.  But still, they should be picking up that cost
since it would really benefit _them_ in the long run.  Sometimes, I
wonder what businesses really are thinking.

	--- Mike