[ale] Debian apt help

dmcnash at charter.net dmcnash at charter.net
Fri Mar 20 14:37:53 EDT 2009

Somehow I have fouled up my apt setup on Debian etch.

I believe the last thing I did (weeks ago) was add the Debian Sarge repository to sources.list then loaded a specific version of git.  Later I was notified of a git update and I updated that.  Since then I can load packages I know exist.

For example:

suzy:/etc/apt# apt-get install ksh
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree... Done
Package ksh is not available, but is referred to by another package.
is only available from another source
E: Package ksh has no installation candidate

How do I fix this.
--
doug mcnash