[ale] OT: Goin Comcast

Jim Kinney jim.kinney at gmail.com
Tue Mar 17 16:58:45 EDT 2009

On Tue, Mar 17, 2009 at 2:39 PM, Scott Castaline <hscast at charter.net> wrote:

> they call PowerBoost to get 12 Mbps. From what I am able to gather it

Marketing crap. The speed boost is in the signaling change at the converter box.

I've got American Turd & Telifornication trying to be me to sign up
with their new mutation of DSL. 'cept they don't call it DSL. It's
fiber to a box up the street then copper to me. Sale dweeb was crowing
about 18 Mbps both ways.

yeah right.

Brochure says "Download speed" with no mention of upload. Plus a TV
package is required for 30 days.

Icky-poo.

I MUCH prefer that the last mile provider be banned from being a
content provider as well.

James P. Kinney III