[ale] Best Netbook for Beginner

Brian Pitts brian at polibyte.com
Tue Mar 10 18:25:51 EDT 2009

Omar Chanouha wrote:

> So my question is, does anyone have or know of, a netbook that comes
> with Ubuntu preinstalled that they happen to really like?

I don't think a lot of netbooks come with Ubuntu installed. Two of the
three three Dell models (Inspiron Mini 9  and 12) can be bought with
Ubuntu Netbook Remix. [0][1] One HP model (Mini 1000 Mi Edition) can be
bought with Ubuntu with a custom HP interface. [2]

Liliputing [3] shows more netbook models being offered with Windows than
linux, and many of the linux ones use less common distros.

[0] http://www.linuxdevices.com/news/NS9975696819.html
[1] http://www.linuxdevices.com/news/NS5805786481.html
[2] http://www.linuxdevices.com/news/NS7556806272.html
[3] http://products.liliputing.com/