[ale] OT: M$ vs. Linux netbooks

Preston Boyington preston.lists at gmail.com
Wed Mar 4 17:33:53 EST 2009

Robert Reese~ wrote:
<snipped>
> Microsoft has gotten around that: I believe they now require the hardware
> manufacturer to enclose the unit in a sealed inner package with a sticker EULA
> that says if you break the seal you agree to the EULA, and that EULA states that
> you CANNOT get a  refund on the Windows operating system, and if you don't like
> it, return the unit from the place of purchase for a refund under the place of
> purchase refund agreement.  Oh, by the way, if you buy it from a place that has
> a POS refund policy (or lack thereof) too bad.  Caveat Emptor.

a bit from:
http://www.microsoft.com/mscorp/productrefund/refund.mspx

says the following:

What Products Are Not Eligible for a Refund?

    * Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) software preloaded on a PC
(contact the PC manufacturer)
    * Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) software sold separately
from PC (contact the reseller or retailer)

http://www.arrantdrivel.com/

Where the road takes me - a highwayman’s perspective
http://www.prestonboyington.com/