[ale] OT: M$ vs. Linux netbooks

Jim Kinney jim.kinney at gmail.com
Wed Mar 4 12:45:13 EST 2009

loosing money on each machine sold will look very bad as the justice
department revisits the monopoly status and begins the evaluation
process to determine if anything has improved since the ruling.

Again - buy the lower cost XP model, refuse the EULA (it should be the
first screen) and demand a refund of the $50-$75 OS cost from
Microsoft, not Acer. Inform Acer of the intent to demand the refund
and blog like mad about it.

On Wed, Mar 4, 2009 at 12:34 PM, Robert Reese~ <ale at sixit.com> wrote:
>> I was thinking along those lines, but then statistically M$ wins,
>> as my purchase counts as a M$ Winblow$ purchase and M$ gets a piece
>> of the action.
>
> Not if they are losing money on each purchase a la the original XBox.  ;c)
>
> R~

James P. Kinney III