[ale] Configuring interfaces as manual (disabled) in xubuntu live

Jonathan Rickman jrickman at gmail.com
Wed Mar 4 07:20:52 EST 2009

There is a bug in the network manager that was introduced with the
release of 8.10. I had to delete all the auto generated entries and
then add them manually, rather than just editing them to set static
configuration options. That cleared it up for me, but others reported
having to disable network manager entirely and use "unmanaged
interfaces" configured the old fashioned way with a simple text file.
Perish the thought!

--
Jonathan