[ale] Help! Apache problem

Jeff Lightner jlightner at water.com
Mon Mar 2 08:47:05 EST 2009

I had an issue on one of my RHEL servers wherein the filesystem went to read only mode after some system event.

I solved it by doing fsck in rescue mode:
http://kbase.redhat.com/faq/docs/DOC-9542

Also since I was running LVM I found this doc about fsck on LVM helpful:
http://kbase.redhat.com/faq/docs/DOC-2186

Since CentOS is a binary compile of RHEL source the above may help you as well.