[ale] [OT] Roadrunner?

tom tfreeman at intel.digichem.net
Tue Jun 30 23:54:51 EDT 2009

On Tue, 30 Jun 2009, Matt Gilbert wrote:

<<snip>>
> Does anyone have experience with Roadrunner ISP? I had the impression that
> it was basically a quasi-high speed variation on dial up, leveraging
> server-side caching and compression for the most part, but I can't find
> anything to confirm this. It's apparently a cable ISP like any other (albeit
> owned by AOL-Time Warner). Is there any reason I should avoid them like the
> plague, the way I would anything else with the letters A, O, and L, in it?
>
> My real question is, if one were stuck in the woods for a while with
> Roadrunner, could one function?

My daughter has RoadRunner in Charlotte. My take is that you could do much
worse than do business with them in general. I'm not real impressed with
the tech support people I've had to work with, but  generally we get
things fixed in the end.

My Opinion? (And worth every cent you paid for it...) You should be able
to function just fine if you keep your expectations modest regarding
support personel.

All the usual disclaimers apply - IMHO, IANAL, YMMV, and so forth.