[ale] Preventing reboot on short duration power loss

Jason Fritcher jkf at wolfnet.org
Sat Jun 27 14:14:34 EDT 2009

On Jun 27, 2009, at 1:51 PM, Andrew Grieser wrote:
> Because this seems to happen somewhat often, I need a way to keep
> the computer running through a short duration power loss. Any advice
> on choosing a UPS? It honestly only has to last about a second, with
> about a 200 watt load on it.

I've always been partial to APC UPSes.

If your load is under 200W, try this...

http://microcenter.com/single_product_results.phtml?product_id=0286288

If it is over 200W, then I would go with this...

http://microcenter.com/single_product_results.phtml?product_id=0286289

The first does not have a data port for a controlled shutdown before
the battery dies. If that is an important feature, then go with the
second which does have the needed data port.

--
Jason Fritcher
jkf at wolfnet.org