[ale] installing FC11

Sean drifter at oppositelock.org
Fri Jun 26 13:05:58 EDT 2009

Okay, everything is backed up.
I inserted the install DVD and discovered that the install
program sorta gets that this box has a software RAID but it is ignoring
the existing partitioning scheme. Basically I have set aside a swap space,
and partitions for /, /boot, and /home.
So how do I recover the existing partition table so I can recreate it?
I have looked at fdisk and parted, but neither seems to give me the data I
need. The install program also doesn't want to tell me -- in detail -- the
outline of the existing partition scheme.
One of my install options is to use the existing Linux setup, but I can
find no assurance that the existing partition table will be honored.

Advice and counsel would be appreciated.

Sean