[ale] stupid pricing games

Scott McBrien smcbrien at gmail.com
Thu Jun 25 17:50:45 EDT 2009

No Dell laptops!!!!!!  They suck!

The above statement uses the following selection criteria:
Portability (weight)
Ruggedness
Reliability
Quality Parts and availability of IDENTICAL parts upon warranty repair
Cost

I've been a very happy thinkpad user until recently ( I got a
MacBook), and recommend them over all others.  I've had Dells, HPs,
and Toshibas, by far the thinkpad was the most resilliant for being
dragged around through airports and customer sites.  Dells don't even
enter my conciousness for laptops, servers is another story.

You may have noticed that coat was at the bottom if that list, I do
end up paying a little more, but I need my laptop to be operational
99.999% of the time, so to me it's worth it.

-Scott