[ale] Way OT - Was cellphones...

Jeff Lightner jlightner at water.com
Thu Jun 25 13:15:02 EDT 2009

We're getting there.  In my view "hate-laws" deal more with what you "think" than what you "did".  It is illegal to assault people - why should it matter "why" you assaulted them?  And of course these "hate-laws" are being stretched to fit the perceived crimes now.

France and many other European nations have laws making illegal to deny the holocaust.     While I definitely believe the holocaust happened I think it is wrong to make it illegal for morons to think otherwise.  I'd prefer they speak their minds so I can readily identify them.

A year or so ago France tried to make it illegal to deny the Armenian genocide by the Turks.  Interestingly in response to the French attempt, the Turkish government has now made it illegal to claim there WAS an Armenian genocide.

Maybe soon governments will go back to loyalty oaths where you have to positively state you believe what the government does or you get put to death.  It worked well for Henry VIII.

P.S.  Anne Rice writes well but I quit reading her after The Vampire Lestat.  I've never been a fan of books that somehow try to justify Victimizers as having no choice.