[ale] important config. files

Asher Vilensky ashervilensky at gmail.com
Thu Jun 25 12:15:11 EDT 2009

The last company I worked for (and who laid me off 3 months ago....I can't
believe I'm giving them a free advertisement), has a product that takes an
image of the entire disk (or disks, or SAN LUN).  That includes EVERYTHING -
ALL files, applications, etc.  You can then restore that image onto similar
or dissimilar hardware (or to a VM), change specifics (host name, IP's,
etc.), boot, and go.  Very very cool product.
The reason I mention that is that you may want to search a free util that
does that or part of that.

-- Asher