[ale] OT: DSLR recommendations

Edward Holcroft eholcroft at mkainc.com
Fri Jun 19 14:46:28 EDT 2009

I've been very happy with my Nikon D40x. It has pretty good quality in a
smaller size body - great if you want high quality snaps without the burden
of a pro-size setup. It'll give you the 3 fps and all the other features you
mention. Image stabilization lies mostly in the VR lens series for the
Nikons, but unfortunately they're not cheap.
Google squared is the perfect tool for building the data you're looking for.

ed

On Fri, Jun 19, 2009 at 14:20, Atlanta Linux Enthusiasts - Yes! We run
Linux! <ale at ale.org> wrote:

> I can't believe that my significant other is actually going to let me
> get a new camera. Anyone have any opinions on a good DSLR under $600.00.
> I had originally asked about a Canon that was selling for $899 and she
> basically said no way Jose'. Actually it wasn't as nicely said, but I
> got my son and daughter-in-law on my side so she caved in a little bit.
> Features that I would like is 3fps, more current anti dust technology,
> hot shoe for external flash, and recent image-stabilization technology,
> as my hands aren't as steady as they used to be. Also if someone can
> point me in the direction of decent reliable site for additional
> opinions on this subject as ones I've run into I'm not too sure of.

Edward Holcroft
Madsen Kneppers & Associates Inc.
3020 Holcomb Bridge Rd. NW
Norcross, GA
30071
Tel (770) 446-9606
Fax (770) 446-9612
Cell (404) 431-6814

WARNING/CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:This message may be confidential and/or
privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender
immediately then delete it - you should not copy or use it for any purpose
or disclose its content to any other person. Internet communications are not
secure. You should scan this message and any attachments for viruses. Any
unauthorized use or interception of this e-mail is illegal.