[ale] Server Build Example

Jim Kinney jim.kinney at gmail.com
Sat Jun 6 14:06:15 EDT 2009

If you use the X gui during the selection process, the runlevel will
be 5. If you use the text process during the install, even if you pick
X stuff with Gnome desktop, the runlevel will be 3.

If you keep the anaconda_install.log and save it as a ks.cfg you can
still set the default runlevel to be 3 with a line
text
to be the install type.
I further kill off X with a
skipX
line to block X even being configured.

Lastly, using %postinstall in a kickstart file, the runlevel can be
fixed at 3 with:
%postinstall
sed -i 's/\(^id\:\)5\(\:initdefault\)/\13\2/' /etc/inittab

On Sat, Jun 6, 2009 at 9:58 AM, Jerald Sheets<questy at gmail.com> wrote:

James P. Kinney III