[ale] is there an open source program permittingcreating/editing of PDF files ?

Courtney Thomas courtneycthomas at bellsouth.net
Thu Jun 4 08:39:40 EDT 2009

Richard,

Thanks for the informed reply.

I recently had printed a book as a favor by a friend [about 400 pages] and
upon receipt found that many of the pages were 'cut-off' on the right margin
which was observed by the printer but she was unable to remedy.

So, I was hopeful this could be avoided in the future without buying Adobe's
software, as this is, at best, an occasional need. If I was commercially
involved I'd have no problem buying from Adobe, but that's not, nor will be,
the case.

Appreciatively,

Courtney