[ale] is there an open source program permitting creating/editing of PDF file

Edward Holcroft eholcroft at mkainc.com
Wed Jun 3 13:49:18 EDT 2009

PDFEdit works well, but not as full featured as Acrobat.
I've used the beta Sun OOo plugin successfully, but it's slow.

ed

On Wed, Jun 3, 2009 at 12:50, Atlanta Linux Enthusiasts - Yes! We run Linux!
<ale at ale.org> wrote:

> Or install the CUPS PDF printer and create PDFs from any application
> that can print.
>
> PDFs aren't really meant to be edited once they are created. There is
> a plugin for OpenOffice Draw that makes it possible, but I doubt it
> works very well. A PDF is meant to be a digital representation of a
> printed document. Can you make unnoticeable edits to printed paper?
>
> On Wed, Jun 3, 2009 at 9:53 AM, Robert L. Harris
> <robert.l.harris at gmail.com> wrote:
> >>
> >>   I use OpenOffice.org.   I can modify/store as ODT files and when I am
> >> ready to send
> >> it to a client I can export it as PDF.  I haven't had much luck
> >> importing and editing
> >> existing PDF's yet, but haven't really had the need to either.
> >>
> >> Robert
> >

> --
> James Sumners
> http://james.roomfullofmirrors.com/
>
> "All governments suffer a recurring problem: Power attracts
> pathological personalities. It is not that power corrupts but that it
> is magnetic to the corruptible. Such people have a tendency to become
> drunk on violence, a condition to which they are quickly addicted."
>
> Missionaria Protectiva, Text QIV (decto)
> CH:D 59

Edward Holcroft
Madsen Kneppers & Associates Inc.
3020 Holcomb Bridge Rd. NW
Norcross, GA
30071
Tel (770) 446-9606
Fax (770) 446-9612
Cell (404) 431-6814

WARNING/CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:This message may be confidential and/or
privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender
immediately then delete it - you should not copy or use it for any purpose
or disclose its content to any other person. Internet communications are not
secure. You should scan this message and any attachments for viruses. Any
unauthorized use or interception of this e-mail is illegal.