[ale] WAY OT: Sealing a honey jar?

David W. Millians millia at panix.com
Wed Jun 3 10:28:36 EDT 2009

Robert L. Harris wrote:
> And that is exactly why I asked this list... and only this one :>

BTW, if the plasti-dip doesn't work, I'd find an old, real, hardware
store. They often have food supplies too, for canning and what not, and
that includes innumerable gaskets. Here in Athens, it'd be the hardware
store ACROSS from Lowe's on the east side.

Of course, I had a water filter tank by rubbermaid where the brita
filter wouldn't fit tight. That got solved with a toilet gasket,
actually. Even though it was new from the store, it still went through
the dishwasher first.

If you were interested in the works of Patrick O'Brian- which the
'Aubreyiad' is an astounding 7,000 pages of work- the mailing list
devoted to it would get you similar results. However, the 100+ messages
a day tend to dissuade some people.

> And thank you for the award, I will put it on the wall over my desk in
> pride!

I think his description of how far off topic it was deserves an award, too.