[ale] OT: a question on cable connections

Mon Jun 1 23:51:46 EDT 2009

Nice. Similar to the "plumber's torch to the appliance/computer/gadget
that the manufacturer insists on servicing instead of replacing"
trick. I don't know if that would actually conduct back to the part
you wish them to replace though.

On Mon, Jun 1, 2009 at 10:54 PM, Jim Kinney <jim.kinney at gmail.com> wrote:
> plug some AC-240V into that "line" they are using. Wait 'till the
> smoke clears and call for service. They will be able to find the
> busted DSLAM or shorting lines at that point in time.
>
> Better yet, call for service from a different provider. Speakeasy bare
> DSL has work almost without fail for me for more than 4 years. Their
> service is second to none. Yes, they cost a few dollars more per month
> but I chose to have my stuff UP AND RUNNING instead of cheap and
> unreliable.
>
> On Mon, Jun 1, 2009 at 8:17 PM, Jim Philips<briarpatch.jim at gmail.com> wrote:
>> I'm at the end of my rope on getting naked DSL to work from AT&T. So, I have
>> a question on cable connections: Is it best to hook up my cable modem to a
>> separate jack from my television? Or should I use the same jack and have a
>> splitter? If so, what kind of splitter? Where would I get it?
>>
>> AT&T has been absolutely useless in solving the problems that arose since I
>> went to naked DSL. I have had two visits from technicians who looked in the
>> house and tried stuff, but nothing changed. They told me a taeh was coming
>> to check the box outside the house. They now say he came (I never saw him)
>> but nothing has changed at all. The connection drops every twenty minutes or
>> so.

> James P. Kinney III
> Actively in pursuit of Life, Liberty and Happiness

.!# RichardBronosky #!.