[ale] Comcast DNS

Scott skotchman at gmail.com
Mon Jun 1 20:44:59 EDT 2009

David Ritchie wrote:
>> Scott,
>>    still, consider using Wireshark to grab traces - network engineers
>> understand network traces a bit better
>> than 'its slow'... it help quantify the level of problem you are
>> having, and in a form that is transportable to
>> the ISP... Good luck!
>>
>> -- Dave

David, any suggestions as to what I should be looking for or specific
filter settings? What I meant by going slower is that when I was in my
apt using charter, sites with secured logins were pretty quick
responding and changing pages (ie Bank sites I have the local one that
is calling itself Live Solid, Bank Solid and also the one with bouncing
orange ball) When I moved to a house with Comcast the process got very
slow. Today it suddenly sped up. The login screen now just pops up, and
subsequent screens also started popping in at the speed that I was used
to with Charter. This seemed to be happening with several sites. I also
do understand network engineering as I worked in that field until my
neck injury several years ago. I don't get a chance to play around with
analyzers anymore, it's been several years now.