[ale] Fault Tolerant High Read Rate System Configuration

Greg Clifton gccfof5 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 28 13:23:06 EDT 2009

Hi Richard,

Yes, a 2 node load balancing situation is the way we are leaning. I'm a
hardware guy not a software guy (all about nuts & bolts, not bits & bytes)
so maybe I misspoke in referring to a database. I have inquired of the
customer for clarification as to what database he may be running but haven't
gotten a response yet. The customer is a board of realtors organization, so
my presumption is that he is hosting a MLS system, that would has listings
along with tagged photos of houses for sale in some sort of database format,
hence the large number of relatively small files, but he has not explicitly
told me that yet. Will gladly pass on more details as I have them. Thanks
for a quick response!