[ale] dd-wrt vs openwrt? (was make dsl modem visible?)

Matt Rideout mrideout at windserve.com
Fri Jul 24 20:20:39 EDT 2009

That's a good assessment. Either would be a large improvement any stock
firmware. To me, it's like asking if you should replace a Windows
installation with CentOS (DD-WRT) or Debian (OpenWRT).

A deciding factor many cases will be which *wrt supports your AP. I
haven't seen any stability problems, or noticed a performance difference
between the two.