[ale] [OT] make dsl modem visible?

Tim Watts timtw at earthlink.net
Fri Jul 24 08:20:00 EDT 2009

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone knows if it's possible to make my dsl modem
accessible from my lan while it's connected to the wan side of my router
(WRT54G)? I've tried a number of configurations but no cigar. The closest I
got was to put the modem in 'router' mode and connect it to the lan side of
the router. Only problem there is I lose the port forwarding feature of the
router and the modem's web interface is exposed to the Internet (despite
having remote admin disabled on the modem).

This is an older model of the WRT54g so OpenWRT is a possibility. Could that
help?

--
I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand.
 -- Confucius