[ale] Job Opportunity in Alpharetta, GA

Smeadspam smeadspam at gmail.com
Tue Jul 21 21:26:29 EDT 2009

I'm not sure if this job posting has hit the main recruiting boards yet,
but my company is looking to hire someone to fill this position.  There
is a lot of "requirements", however I can say with insider knowledge
that the *nix stuff is what they're looking for with a strong focus on
Linux.  You can contact me off-board at smeadspam_at_gmail_dot_com if
you got questions.

William

_*QA Test Engineer
*_

Our solutions are supported on all major operating systems including
UNIX(AIX, HP-UX, Solaris, Tru64, MP-RAS), Linux, Windows, z/OS, Tandem,
and OS/400.

The primary responsibility of this position will be to validate software
capability and reliability by execution and tracking of all test levels.
This position is an opportunity to work in a creative and dynamic
environment, collaborating with others in order to ensure the highest
quality is delivered for maintenance and new development projects.

_Responsibilities:_

    *

      Contribute positively to a productive, creative, business oriented
      and quality oriented team environment.

    *

      Involvement in all stages of the development lifecycle of a
      commercial, multi-platform, distributed system software product to
      ensure usability and quality at each step.

    *

      Development and execution of test cases based upon product
      requirements and design specifications.

    *

      Validate software capability and reliability by execution and
      tracking of all test levels to include regression, functional, and
      performance.

    *

      Resolve testing problems by conferring with team to revise test
      objectives and standards.

    *

      Customer support activities as required.

_Qualifications:_

    *

      Minimum of four years experience as a QA Test Engineer.

    *

      Proficient with a minimum of two of the following operating
      systems: z/OS, UNIX/Linux, Solaris, Windows, Tandem, OS/400, OpenVMS.

    *

      Knowledge of TCP/IP protocols and diagnostics.

    *

      Familiar with UNIX shell languages, Windows batch language, z/OS
      JCL, or OS/400 CL.

    *

      Database inspection skills, particularly Oracle, would be a plus.

    *

      Excellent verbal and written communication skills.

    *

      Experience in or knowledge of IT support roles in a large
      heterogeneous data center.