[ale] Misc ramblings of a diseased mind

Preston Boyington preston.lists at gmail.com
Tue Jul 21 14:12:22 EDT 2009

Richard Bronosky wrote:
> I used to use 2 cell phones (free minutes within same network) as a
> baby monitor so that I could work in the garden while the baby naps.
> Then I realized that walkie talkies would be better. They now have
> Duplex and VOX walkie talkies. I think that motorcyclists use these
> for "interbike" communications also. Having to push the button on a
> half duplex system would be a deal breaker.

depends on the make.  the Scala Rider Q2 I use is voice activated.  it
will do bike to bike and rider to rider.

i would suggest buying some pre-paid phones that have some kind of
PTT/radio feature though.  the motorcycle communicators are/can be pricey.

http://www.arrantdrivel.com/

Where the road takes me - a highwayman's perspective
http://www.prestonboyington.com/