[ale] pigs do fly

Michael B. Trausch mbt at zest.trausch.us
Tue Jul 21 11:05:53 EDT 2009

On Tue, 21 Jul 2009, Geoffrey wrote:

> Asher Vilensky wrote:
>> http://blogs.zdnet.com/microsoft/?p=3403&tag=nl.e589
>> <http://blogs.zdnet.com/microsoft/?p=3403&tag=nl.e589>
>
> I don't trust them.  I don't care what they do.  Their business
> practices over the history of their existence demonstrate they can not
> be trusted.  I don't think any code from Microsoft should be accepted
> into the Linux kernel.

The code drop will be part of 2.6.32.  It won't be enabled by default, though,
just like the specialized drivers for other systems aren't enabled by default.
But, if the presence of GPL'd code contributed by Microsoft is a dealbreaker
for anyone, Debian Hurd (and the Hurd kernel) need help...

 	--- Mike