[ale] Err, what? VNC+VirtualBox keyboard problem, Ubuntu 9

Asher Vilensky ashervilensky at gmail.com
Tue Jul 21 10:46:25 EDT 2009

Sorry, I don't have a solution.  Only things I can say:

1.  When I VNC'd to VM's managed by ESX, I experienced something similar
(but with the tab key, not the parenthesis).  Simply put, tab did not work
via VNC.  If I did Remote Desktop, no problems.  My guess is that I simply
had too many of virtuality that the combo of the products was simply imature
to handle all.

2.  Sometimes I would VNC to a Linux (RHEL) host and then simply telnet to
my target VM.  In such way I was able to bypass limitations.  (Of course, if
that VM was Windows, scratch that...)

3.  I saw cases where restarting vncserver helped move things in the right
way (but I can't remember the specifics).

Sorry that's all I've got.  Best of luck.

-- Asher